Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Finished TV Wall in the Master (Finally!)

Well hello there! I've been busy finishing up the painting in our master bedroom and am thrilled to tell you I'm finally done! I started this redo two and a half years ago and I'm determined to finish it up this year. Gah. 
 
It's taken me forever. I've dragged my feet because as with many, I don't focus on this room as much because we're usually the only ones to see it. And I didn't hate the old look or anything, so I haven't been in any rush. 
And oh yeah, the ceilings go to about 14 feet tall in this room. I painted them nearly 12 years ago for the first time and still remember how scary that was, so I've put this off mainly because of that. 
But I got it done! People. I painted the first wall in the summer of 2013. Nearly three years later and I finally finished it up. I'm SO HAPPY to get this done. And the bonus -- I absolutely love the new color. It's completely transformed the look of this room. 
Here's the old wall color -- it's a beautiful gray/green but very dark, especially in this room that doesn't get a ton of natural light: 
 
You can see what a mess it was. That's a lot of hanging and rehanging right there -- up till recently I had something up there that hid all of that. 
I finally got to work -- I put the Bachelor on and my assistant oversaw my work: 
 
You know how you build something up in your head for a long time and avoid it because in  your head it's a huge, massive, scary project? Well this took about four hours total -- and that's with two coats! It wasn't bad at all. I used our extending paint pole and only had to get on the ladder for the tippy top. The cutting in was sweat-inducing but I was fine. I had my husband listen for any loud thuds though, no lie.